Dear Grace,
I was
thinking about you a lot yesterday, which of course made me want to write you a
letter. So for starters, I turned twenty a few weeks ago, and I have to say the
whole experience threw me a little. I got to go home for my birthday, and when I
went to church in my home ward. I saw several girls who I’d gone to girls’ camp
with—just little Beehives—and now they’re all driving! I kind of had one of
those moments where I was like, “I’m not that old!”
And yet I am.
Gosh, just thinking about it now is weird. Since when did I get this old?
Sydney and I have this joke about now I’m not a teenager anymore, but I’m not a
full adult yet either, which means (as Syd put it) “You are nothing!” Haha so
it looks like I’ll be a big nothing like the former planet Pluto until next
year.
Another thing
that has happened to me this year that I never would have imagined would: I have
developed an appreciation for Shakespeare. The reason for this is because Syd,
Beth, Emily, and all the girls from apartment #2 and I all got student passes
for the Shakespeare festival my school holds down here.
We went to
several of the shows and all of the productions were very well done. one of the
most fun experiences I had was when we went and saw “As You Like It” at the
outdoor Globe theater replica. It rained the whole time, and at one point the
show was stopped and everyone was moved into the indoor theater, only to be
moved back out to the outdoor theater one scene later, haha. All of the actors
thoroughly soaked and a couple of them kept slipping on the stage, but they all
did a terrific job and had fun anyway, so that was good.
I’m sorry I
don’t have much else to report! But I’ll start collecting stories now so I’ll
have something to write about next time.
I love you
so much, Gracie, and I hope you and your mom and Garrison are all doing well.
You’re always in my thoughts and prayers.
All my love,
Katie Jo
No comments:
Post a Comment