Thursday, April 17, 2014

I'll Be Back Again...

Dear Grace,

Once again, running out of minutes to write this, so I'll be breezing through again. Day two in Dublin consisted of a tour of St. Patrick's Cathedral, a brief tour of Trinity College (with a freaking awesome library!), and then wandering and exploring for the rest of the day. Exploring led me to find this fellow:


The memorial of none other than the famous Oscar Wilde, the greatest satirist who ever lived! Right across from him were two black pillars with graffiti of his most famous quotes, which I enjoyed reading over.


After Dublin we took the ferry home that night, spent a night in Holyhead, and drove back to London the following day, where I met up with my beloved Mum and Dad, whom I have not seen these past 3 months!


I had 2 1/2 days to show them London, Windsor, and Bath, and by dang I am the best tour guide ever, and we got all of that done and more!

First, I showed them where I had been living,


and where I had gone to school and church.


Then I took them to see Bath, where we saw the Roman Baths,


the Jane Austen museum,


and wandered our way up to the Royal Circle (which I had missed the last time I was here).


The next day we got up early and caught the train to Windsor, where we took the tour of Windsor castle,


and got there just in time to see the changing of the guard (also, I finally got my picture standing next to a dashing redcoat!).


As if that wasn't enough excitement, we decided to immediately head over to the Tower of London and see that, and then after that we headed on over to see Tower Bridge.


THEN, we went to see Once: A New Musical. This was my third time seeing it, and I still loved it!

The next morning we got up early and took a bus over to see Abby Road:


Where we signed the wall and got a shot of Mom and Dad crossing the road:


Then we caught the Tube up to Camden Market, where I showed them all of my favorite places and hangouts there.


We headed over to ride the London Eye next, but sadly the line was so long that we didn't have enough time to go :( Still, it's a good motivator to come back to London again since I have still never ridden it!


So after that we walked across the bridge to see Benny Boy and the houses of Parliament.


I thought Dad was going to wet himself he was so excited! It was so cool to see that in the sunshine. They literally came to see London on the most gorgeous day I've ever seen here.

After Big Ben, Parliament, and Westminster Cathedral, we walked down to Buckingham palace.


After that we had to head out to the airport to catch our flight to Rome. It wasn't until we were on the Tube heading over to the train station that the reality of leaving London finally hit me, and on the train ride out to the airport I couldn't help letting a few tears escape. Then in the airport, Mom suggested we read a book she had brought about Rome, and I promptly burst into tears and had a good cry right there in the airport, all the while thinking I don't want to leave!

But, the one comfort I've taken from the whole experience of saying goodbye to England is this: I'm coming back here again. I plan on returning, and I know without a doubt that I'll be back again.

I leave you with my video covering the second half of Ireland. Stay tuned for my video and tales of adventures in Italy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Tender Mercies

Dear Grace, I know it's been awhile since I last wrote anything. I guess it's kind of a pattern that I don't write when the h...