Friday, November 21, 2014

Baby's Back

Dear Grace,

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty smashed tired right now. We left on our flight to Dublin I don't know how long ago, and we flew overnight and landed at about 8:30 in the morning here. After stowing our luggage, we took a bus into the city, where we immediately got off the bus and went shopping. I've been wanting to replace my Oxford shoes, and now I've finally gotten to do it. Honestly though, why is it cheaper to go shopping over here than anywhere else I know in the states? Anyway, I took Marne to see Temple Bar and Dublin Castle. Walking around these streets again, I felt so happy to be back in the UK again.





We also went to Fitzsimmon's pub for some Irish fish and chips, and then wandered some more.




 (Christchuch Cathedral)

Later we were feeling pretty trashed, so we found a Starbucks to hang out in while we waited for our bus back to the airport, and where we realized we could get free wifi, so I was able to call Mom and let her know Marne and I are alive.

Oh! Also, other hilight of my day, we found a Marks & Spencer where I got to get my favorite cranberry cheese (it's really no good in the US because it's not fresh like it is here).


Last of all, we got checked in for our flight to Paris and found these:


As a major part of our jobs deal with making PODS, Marne and I thought it only fitting that we chill in them for a minute.

Well, I'm too exhausted to write anymore, so I'm calling it a day. More adventures to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Tender Mercies

Dear Grace, I know it's been awhile since I last wrote anything. I guess it's kind of a pattern that I don't write when the h...