Thursday, March 27, 2014

Basically, Glorious

Dear Grace,

Oddly enough, I feel like I don't have much to report today. Last week on Friday we went on another walk around the city, and I finally got to see the Old Bailey building (which was featured in one of my favorite films, V For Vendetta).



On Monday we visited the U.S. Embassy, which was cool, but the only tour we got was basically walking into the building, sitting down in an auditorium, listening to a few of the government employees talking about how cool their jobs were, and then walking straight back out.


Well anyway, that night Lindsey and I decided to go see the world's longest running show: The Mousetrap!



I think I must know Agatha Christi's mind pretty well by now, because I guessed who done it the second the villain walked onto the stage.

On Tuesday a group of us decided randomly to go to Harrods and see if we could get one of their dough-saunts (which everyone in our flats insist on calling cro-nuts for some reason). Harrods isn't all that impressive during the day, I think, but it looks flippin' sweet at night when it's all lit up.


Yesterday we had a day trip up to the Black Country, where we visited the Black Country Living Museum. Basically, it was like visiting a fully-operational mining town. Because it was so cold, I neglected to get any pictures though :P


After spending a few hours there, we hopped back on the bus and went on a church history tour up to Hill Farm, where Wilford Woodruff baptized a ton of people when he first came to England as a Missionary. After that we visited the town of Herefordshire and hiked to the top of the hill where the land was originally dedicated for missionary work.

You're never EVER disappointed when you go on a hike in this country, I could swear by it! Every time I've climbed to the top of a hill, I end up seeing something like this:


Basically, glorious. After that, we headed back down to the bus and rode for another 20 minutes to the Gadfield Elm Chapel, Where Wilford Woodruff used to preach.



After that we rode home. Today I wrote a song with Lindsey for our religion class project because neither of us wanted to go with the original projects we had started with, so I'll leave you with a link to that and my latest video today. Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Tender Mercies

Dear Grace, I know it's been awhile since I last wrote anything. I guess it's kind of a pattern that I don't write when the h...