Monday, March 31, 2014

#Feelin' The Spirit

Dear Grace,

I think I had the best Fast Sunday I've ever had yesterday. Pretty much I ended up going to the singles' ward in the afternoon, but after sacrament everyone bailed and went home. I felt bad because I skipped out early last week, so I decided to stay for classes, and I'm so so so glad I did! During the third hour an adorable Italian girl named Francesca came and sat next to me and started up a conversation with me (sadly I never got a photo of her).

After class she invited me to stay and hang out with her at the break-the-fast potluck, and as I have run out of food (yet again) I wasn't exactly opposed to turning down a free lunch! So we went and got food where I ended up sitting down with Francesca and a group of girls I had never met before, and we all just sort of got to talking and asking each other about ourselves.

I just thought it was so cool to meet a group of people from all over the world. We had Francesca from Italy, Kirsten from New Zealand, Lauren from Florida, Hannah from Washington, a lady who's name escapes me from India, and me, from Utah! It was fun to go around the circle and learn a little about where each girl was from, and of course had an argument over whether the west coast was better or the east (with Washington and Florida). In the end after talking about the oranges of Florida and apples of Washington, we realized that we had apples and oranges, so we were all able to hold hands and sing Kumbayah.


I actually had so much fun hanging out with my new friends that I didn't even bother going home after the potluck and just stayed to hang out with them until the general women's broadcast that night, where we all sat together. I think my favorite moment of the evening was when we first sat down and got to talking about how someone in one of the broadcast meetings had encouraged the members of the congregation to tweet something about her talk, and how funny that was.

Well, then the broadcast started, and what should we see at the bottom of the screen, but
#womensbroadcast

We noted this with a laugh, and then a girl in front of us said,
#women's broadcast
#we're here
#feelin' the spirit

I realize now that this probably isn't nearly as funny as it was at the time, but I don't really care what your opinion of the matter is. It still made me laugh :)

My only regret is that I didn't meet these girls sooner in the semester. I think we would have had so much fun together while I was here in London! Still, I'm grateful I got to meet them and spend a wonderful day with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Tender Mercies

Dear Grace, I know it's been awhile since I last wrote anything. I guess it's kind of a pattern that I don't write when the h...