Today was quite the adventure! We finally got to go across the street and see our neighbor's house! That's right, we went on a tour of Kensington Palace!
...which I took advantage of, of course! Well anyway, the whole museum/palace is basically dedicated to the life of Queen Victoria - basically the best English queen who ever lived! Seriously though, she was awesome. Just watch the film Young Victoria and you'll get the idea.
Standing on the staircase where Victoria first met her husband, Prince Albert
The palace was beautiful and filled with the most elegant rooms, as you can see from the photo. Sadly most of the photos I took didn't turn out very good because they didn't allow flash photography in the palace. Still, at least the memory will forever remain vivid in my mind.
After the tour of the palace, we headed on over to the Victoria and Albert museum. I've been there once before, and I thought we'd seen everything already, but it turns out there was a lot more to the museum than I realized, so that was a pleasant surprise.
This is an advertisement in front of Royal Albert Hall
(just down the street from my flat)
(This was a "Chipendales" chair.
I couldn't resist striking a sexy pose on it!)
So we were wandering around the museum, when we came across this thing:
All I could think was, "Doesn't this look a lot like the baptismal fonts in the temple?!" Haha, so that was pretty funny. Also, I think I found Lady Gaga's next outfit in the theater section of the museum:
Once again, I found one of the interactive parts of the museum and couldn't resist trying on one of the costumes and prancing around like a dork for a minute haha.
Once we were too tired to hang out at the museum anymore, we all headed home, where we are now all currently sitting on the couch watching the opening ceremony for the winter Olympics! I shall update later tonight if anything of import happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment