Saturday, January 4, 2014

I'm Going On An Adventure!

Dear Grace,

So the big day has finally arrived! I stayed up until 3:00 or 4:00 this morning and then took a two-hour nap before getting up and rushing off to the airport. Mom was good enough to get up early enough to make some cinnamon rolls for me, and Dad of course was in a rush to get out the door :)

I'm glad to say that we didn't have a teary goodbye at the terminal, and I'm happy to be feeling so calm and truly excited today. After getting through security, I found a seat at the gate, only to notice this out the window:


I hope the snow doesn't have an adverse effect on getting out of here! Anyway, my goal for today is to stay awake until I get on my flight out of Atlanta tonight. Hopefully that way I can adjust my internal clock all in one go! I'll post again today if any new craziness happens!


 So long, America!


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Tender Mercies

Dear Grace, I know it's been awhile since I last wrote anything. I guess it's kind of a pattern that I don't write when the h...