The last time I wrote to you was at the beginning of this year, and so much has happened since then! I've been working part-time at my wonderful job at Studies Weekly as a web content specialist, and I've loved every minute of it. I work with some amazing people, and I never cease to be amazed at how well the employees are treated in our company - I feel so blessed to be a part of the Studies Weekly family, and I will miss working there while I'm in London these next few months.
I've also been attending three schools (UVU, SUU, and a prep-class at BYU) and teaching a primary class at church. I had four four-year-old boys (Levi, Jonas, Brigham, and Teigan) in my class, and they were the highlight of my day every Sunday. Church will be pretty boring now that I don't get to go to primary anymore!
(Left to right: Jonas, Brigham, and Teigan)
I can't believe I'm only two days away from takeoff! I've been trying to stress myself out in good ways by worrying about where I'm going to find a good place to buy groceries, and making sure to pack light while still packing enough to stay warm for the rest of winter. Unfortunately my inner-child won't let me leave the country without a few impractical but necessary items, such as my Harry Potter wand, a TARDIS Candy Box, a few card games, and a couple of other things that take up extra room.
(And yes, Bobble-head Loki will also be coming with me :) )
Today I've been in a bit of a funk upon which I've bestowed the name: Anticipatory Home-Sickness Syndrome. It's the depressed mood you get in when you know you'll be leaving home soon for a long time. Fortunately I got to go visit the Earl family for a little bit today, which cheered me up a lot. Gosh I love those guys! If I could adopt those kids I would do it in a heartbeat! They are the most loving, sweet, wonderful kids I've ever met in my life. I'm excited to be keeping my eye out for postcards to send to them on this adventure!
Another plus is that I've got little Gus-Gus here with me tonight, and I'll be hanging out with my very good friend Marne as well. *Deep sigh* I'm not sure when the reality of my greatest adventure yet will hit me, but I hope that when it does it'll be in a good way that makes me feel ecstatic to be alive!
No comments:
Post a Comment