Saturday, January 11, 2014

The Game Is Afoot!

Dear Grace,

Today there were exactly two magnificent things that I did. #1: I finally went to a store over here called 'Primark' that a few people said I should check out and found a TON of cute, warm clothes (I've been in desperate need of sweaters and have been freezing to death at night since my electric blanket esta muerto).

#2: I WENT TO FREAKIN' 221B BAKER STREET TO SEE THE SHERLOCK HOLMES MUSEUM!

 
I feel like my enthusiasm is unjustified since it's based entirely on two Robert Downy Jr. films and the BBC TV series of Sherlock, but I don't really give a flying flip! We originally started out with a group of four of us, but then all of a sudden more and more people wanted to go with and we ended up with a total group of eleven people. Once we found our way over there we realized that you had to buy a ticket to go into the flat/museum. In the picture above you can see there are two doors behind me - one goes into the gift shop, and the other (with the policeman) goes into the actual flat/museum. Naturally we all flooded into the tiny gift shop to look around and take pictures, but once inside I realized that no one really wanted to spend the £8 to go into the museum part.







Well, you know me. My thoughts were something along the lines of, "I paid $10,000 and traveled 5,000 miles to get to England. I'll be damned if I let £8 stop me from being able to say I walked the actual halls where the fictional Mr. Holmes walked!!!" So, my dearest roommate Betsy and I both got tickets and saw the museum while the rest of the group went to look at the cricket fields.




Totally worth it.

1 comment:

The Tender Mercies

Dear Grace, I know it's been awhile since I last wrote anything. I guess it's kind of a pattern that I don't write when the h...