Dear Grace
I’m going to the dentist today to get three root canals! Ugh, I’m so scared! Basically when you get a root canal they drill a big hole in your tooth and take out the nerves inside so your tooth won’t hurt anymore. I know it’s gross and disgusting, but it’s better than living with a perpetual toothache for the rest of my life. I’ve had a root canal done once before, but I’m scared that they won’t numb me up enough, because I don’t go numb very easily. So hopefully things will turn out okay for me. I get to get out of school for it though, so I won’t have to go to my math class! Yay!
Ugh, but I feel bad though, because it’s one of my best friends’ birthday today, and I won’t be here at lunch to hang out with her and wish her a happy birthday. L Oh well. I made her a pretty cute present, especially since it was really last minute. My other best friend, Alyssa, texted me last night to remind me and I was like: “Crap! Her birthday’s tomorrow?!?! Crap, crap, crap!!!”
So then I was trying to figure out what the crap I could give her for her birthday, when I suddenly remembered a gift I had seen at a birthday a few years back that I thought was really cute. A girl had taken like ten one-dollar bills and folded them all into paper footballs, and then she put them in a decorative box with a bunch of confetti and Hershey’s kisses. So then I did an imitation of that gift, except I don’t know how to fold paper footballs, so I turned all of my dollar bills into little mini t-shirts and put them in a cute box with kisses and confetti. I think it turned out pretty darn cute, and my friend loved it, so my last minute, scatterbrained gift turned out to be a success.
Maybe I can send you the same thing for your birthday? I don’t know; we’ll see what happens. But I would like to send you one of my little dollar t-shirts, just because I think they’re so darn cute! I’ve been showing them to everybody, and everyone wants me to turn their money into little t-shirts now, so that’s been a lot of fun on my part.
Ugh! I can’t believe it’s snowing outside right now! The only thing I can think of is what this one Who from Horton Hears A Who says: “Itsh Shnowing! In the Shummer!” okay okay, so it’s not summer yet, but it is spring! Stupid, dang Utah weather. Well anyway. Kurt baptized four more people on his mission! A Mexican woman and her three children. Haha he’s always telling us how fat he’s getting because they always feed him so much over there! It’s pretty funny; I can’t imagine Kurt being fat, except when he was in the sixth grade.
Hmm…he’s always telling us about the food, and I hate Mexican food, unfortunately, but now that I’m thinking about it, I could really go for some tamales right now…ugh I’m so hungry! Haha sorry, I’m typing this letter in my computer class (which is right before lunch) because computer tech is a completely worthless class, and I always end up sitting here for at least a half hour to forty five minutes because I have nothing to do.
Now that I’m looking out the window again, do you know what is perhaps one of the most beautiful things in the world? Seeing all of the trees and everything else outside just after a rainstorm, when the sun comes out. It always makes me think of that song by Taylor Swift, Fearless, and the lyrics go: There’s somethin’ ‘bout the way, this street looks when it’s just rained. There’s a glow off the pavement…
I’m sorry my letters are always so random and jumping around, but I have so many things I wish I could tell you myself! Sometimes a good story needs the storyteller in order for it to be as good as the original moment was. Yesterday my friend, Jordan, was SO excited because he found a black hair on his chin, and he wanted me to feel it! I couldn’t stop laughing because he was just so stoked about having chin stubble! Haha, he’s such a spaz, I wish you could meet him.
Oh, one last thing before I finish. I can’t believe I’ve forgotten to tell you this! Max has gone almost completely deaf this last year. He had some rotten teeth that he had to have pulled, so we took him to the doggie dentist to get that done. But before he had his teeth pulled he had started losing his hearing very quickly and we weren’t quite sure why. It wasn’t until after he got the teeth pulled that we realized that his little ears must have gotten infected from his rotten teeth, and that that was what must have caused him hearing problems. His hearing came back for a while after the teeth were out, but then he went kind of deaf again, and he’s been like that ever since.
Don’t worry, he’s still the retarded little cotton ball you remember, it’s just he’s a little bit more retarded now, because he can’t hear us when we call for him to come back inside when we let him out, so one of us ends up having to chase him down and bring him back home.
Well, I think that’s about it for this letter, but I’ll keep you updated on any crazy moments I have going on in life. Love you tons, girly!
Love always,
Katie Jo
No comments:
Post a Comment