Thursday, January 13, 2011

June 3, 2010

Dear Grace,
            I’m sorry it’s been a couple of weeks since I’ve written, but I’ve been stressing my brains out over finals, and finally! (pun intended) I am done with them all! Hoorah! I don’t really want to tell you about finals, just because they were so ridiculously boring, and most of them retarded. So anyway, let me start with the best day of the year: yearbook day!
So anyway, I called Andrea (my clone, whom I’m convinced is my long lost twin) the night before yearbook day, and we arranged to meet over at Orem high the next morning at like eight so she could give me a tour of the new school (they built a new building, and they’ll be tearing down the old one soon). As it turns out, she ended up taking me to the backstage area and we explored the secret tunnels and passages back there, and we climbed up into the old boiler room and went up to the catwalk. Yeah, that was flippin’ sweet. I was in a dress, but I just have to say, thank goodness I was wearing spankie shorts, haha.
Then she was showing me the old half of the school, and as we were walking down the hallway, I noticed a little bucket of something that had been dropped and spilled, and no one had bothered to pick it back up. As we got closer I said, “Hey, those kind of look like kidneys.” And when we got up close, they really were kidneys!!! Gross! And no one ever came back to clean them up, so we just left them there.
            Oh! Ok, so one thing that happened a couple of weeks before school got out that I thought was really funny. So Hannah, Alyssa, and I all keep this note-notebook, and it was mostly my job to fill up the whole thing with comics of our adventures and boy-fantasies, and inside jokes and stuff. So anyway, Hannah had this creepy stalker guy following her around all the time, and I really didn’t like him at all, so I drew this comic where he tries to kiss Hannah, and ends up accidentally kissing this other guy on the cheek, and then he gets his butt kicked by the guy. So Hannah was kind of upset with me for drawing it, because it was really mean and stuff. But the night she talked to me about it was her ballroom concert, and he came to see her. I was there too, and I stayed after for a while, but I went home after about a half hour because I wanted to take a shower (I had dance that night.)
            So she comes over to our house at eleven that night and runs and sits on our couch and tells me, “Katie! He tried to kiss me!”
            To which I replied, “My comic came true!”
            Turns out, he waited around for her after almost everyone else was gone, and then he offered to walk her to her car. She kept telling him she was tired (you know, hinting that she didn’t want to stay and talk and that she wanted to go home) and he kept talking to her anyway. So finally she told him she had to get home, and she turned to leave, but then he grabbed her hands and pulled her back and tried to kiss her. She’s been on one date with this guy, and they’ve never hung out or anything. Yeah. Wow.
            I got accepted into my internship! Woot! So I don’t really know what medical field I’ll be in, but I went to get the shots yesterday. I never realized just how much movement my arms required until they hurt every time I moved. They gave me six shots for like hep A and B, TB, HPV (just in case I get an STD, lol), and a couple of other things I can’t really remember. But yeah, I was bracing for impact, because I thought those shots were going to hurt a lot, but they didn’t, actually. They were all just a little poke, so that was great. I didn’t feel the real pain until later that night, when I couldn’t figure out how to lie down when I went to sleep (because I’m used to sleeping on my stomach with my arm under me) and I couldn’t sleep on my side either, and I can’t fall asleep when I’m lying on my back, so it was a pain trying to fall asleep. Haha, wow, I’m sorry, I’m rambling so bad.
            So the other day at Sonic I got the greatest pickup line I have ever heard. So I took an order of cream slushes out to a car full of cute guys. I flirted with them for a minute and then as I was leaving, the driver called me back, handed me a dollar and said with a wink, “Here, that’s for the extra cream.” Best. Pickup Line. Ever. I am now a creamy babe, haha.
            Well, I’m sorry to be so boring, but really, nothing much has happened since I last wrote, so I’ll just end this by saying that I love you and I hope all is going well with you.
Love Always,
Your Creamy Auntie,
Katie Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Tender Mercies

Dear Grace, I know it's been awhile since I last wrote anything. I guess it's kind of a pattern that I don't write when the h...