Dear Grace,
Wow, it’s been a crazy couple of weeks! I’m sorry I haven’t written, but last week I didn’t have access to a computer, and this week I’ve been a busy little bee! So first of all, last week I went to Lake Powell with Andrea and her friend, Sarah. If you’ll pardon my pun, we had ‘boat’loads of fun! Haha, no but seriously, when we got there, we found out that the houseboat we were staying on was anchored out in the middle of the lake, and that was where we would be staying for the week. So basically, I didn’t set foot on dry land for five days! Man, let me tell you, being on your sea legs for that long does things to your equilibrium. I stumbled around like a drunken sailor for a couple of days when I got home!
So anyway, while we were down there, Andrea and Sarah developed this weird love of imitating filose raptors, and they would do this thing they called “raptor affection”, and what they would do was they would start acting like filose raptors, and they would walk up to each other and rub shoulders. Well, the one time I happened to be getting it on camera, they accidentally knocked heads! Oh my gosh, it was SO funny! Then, that same night, we were stacking the mattresses we were sleeping on on top of the houseboat for kicks and giggles. Andrea’s brother, Jordan, suggested we make a human/mattress sandwich. So we got Andrea, Jordan, and Sarah all sandwiched into this mountainess stack of mattresses, and Jordan ended up on the bottom. The funniest part? Jordan is so small, that he was completely hidden except for the side of his arm. Yeah, pretty much awesome J.
More good news as to the trip: I didn’t get sunburned! Yay! Okay, that’s not entire true, my right shoulder got a little burned, but nothing really bad! So yay! I won’t get skin cancer! It’s mostly because I loaded up on the SPF 70, so I really didn’t get much of a tan, but that’s okay, because I didn’t get burned!
Okay, another funny thing we did; so Andrea’s oldest brother, Ryan, is on his mission this year, right? So he didn’t get to come to Lake Powell with us. So he told his family to kiss and rock while we were there and whisper, “Ryan misses you!” So we all climbed up on a rock wall and got a picture of us kissing the wall, and then whispering to it. I love my adopted family J.
Then, the last night we were there, we went night swimming, and yes, it was excellent. Me, Sarah, and Andrea all pretended to be water nymphs, and we tried luring everyone else into the water so we could drown them. Haha, basically, everyone was on the front of the houseboat roasting marshmallows over the propane fire, and we were swimming around in the back. So we all swam very quietly to the front of the boat and then popped up right in front of them and screamed. Yeah, it was fun, haha.
Then, the day after I got back, I went on a doughnut adventure with Alyssa and Hannah. My gosh, when I get together with those guys we have some very spastic moments. We started out a Krispy Kreams, where we ended up eating a dozen doughnuts in maybe ten minutes, after which I felt very very sick.
Then, on the way home, we saw Toys R Us and randomly decided we wanted to go inside. So then we started checking out all of the Toy Story 3 toys, and making fun of all the Twilight merchandise. Then we found a virtual reality biking game, except the bike was more of a trike built for kids 5 or younger. I hopped on anyway and did a race, and won. Yeah, that pretty much made my day. Then, as we wandered some more, Alyssa and I discovered a couple of those giant plastic crayons. Needless to say, we snatched them up and proceeded to sword fight with them. Eventually, however, we ended up attacking the Barney dolls on the shelf right next to us, because they were so creepy.
After all that, we bought the crayons, and since mine turned out to be such a useful weapon, I now keep it next to my bed, should any burglars dare to break into my house. When we went back to Alyssa’s house, we were so hyper that we ran outside to jump on the trampoline, which eventually led to playing on the swing set. My embarrassing moment? I sat down on the teeter-totter and it broke, and I fell right on my butt in the wet grass. So then Me, Alyssa, and Hannah all had to pull together to try and fix the stupid teeter-totter.
So then we were all trying to pop the seat back into place on the front end of the teeter-totter, and I was bracing the front while Alyssa and Hannah were trying to push the seat back in, and all the while we were simultaneously saying to each other, “Push! Push harder!” and after we finally snapped it back into place Alyssa exclaimed, “Geez, it sounded like one of us was giving birth, or something.” Haha, yes, I love Alyssa.
Oh yeah, and all of those adventures took place in the span of three hours. Yes, we’re awesome, I know.
Okay, one more story and then I’ll be done. So I went to the dentist the other day to get a cavity drilled, right? And I don’t go numb easily, so I told my dentist this. We’d already had a problem with it on my last visit, and even though he shot me up pretty good that time, it still hurt, so he wanted to make for dang sure that I was numb this time. So three shots later, I still wasn’t numb. My dentist then went downstairs to get the other dentist to come up and take a “shot” at it, as he put it.
He gave me two more shots, but neither of those worked either. Then I suggested that maybe I was like your mom, and that my nerves might be wired differently. So then they gave me another shot in another place, and that did a little bit, but not much. So then they both went to look at a scan they had taken of my head when they checked me for wisdom teeth to see if they could see where my nerves were. Sure enough, my nerves run a little bit differently. So then they gave me another shot right in front of the tooth that needed to be drilled, and it FINALLY went numb. So yeah, one filling that took two and a half hours. Okay, well the getting me numb part took two hours and fifteen minutes, and the actually drilling of the tooth took fifteen minutes. But you get what I mean.
Then, after all that, I had to go to work with my totally numb mouth. Every time I took an order out to people I felt like I owed them an explanation of why I was talking like a retard.
Well, I can’t really think of anything else to tell you about, so I’ll just finish with saying that I love you, and I hope you have a wonderful 4th of July! I miss you like crazy, you know.
Love Always,
Auntie Katie
No comments:
Post a Comment