Dear Grace,
I can’t believe your birthday is on Monday! It’s crazy how fast you’re growing up. I wish I could send you something more for your special day, but I’m not sure what would be appropriate, so I hope that a little bit of money is okay. My goodness, you’re already eight! That’s insane! Holy cow, I just can’t believe it.
Well, let me tell you about some things that have been happening in my life lately.
I saw the most amazing thing in medical anatomy today. We watched a video about babies and birth and stuff, but there was some footage of a baby in the womb at just eight weeks old. You could see the little heart beating, and it was no bigger than a little red dot. I don’t know why, but there was just something so magical about that to me.
Well anyway. I did the dumbest thing the other day! Oh my gosh, so we have the kids that do our Twolf TV thing come into my drawing class, right? (twolf tv is like our news team) And they were asking for volunteers to come try this hot sauce they had, so they could get our reactions on film. So Jordan and I volunteered to do it, and they only had us put our pinkie into the cap of the hot sauce so we would only get just a tiny little drop on our finger. I was expecting it to be pretty dang hot, but I had no idea just HOW hot it would be.
No exaggeration, the only other time in my life I can remember being in that much pain was when I broke my arm. Seriously, it got about as bad as I thought it would, and then it kept getting worse and worse. Jordan and I were choking and coughing and my eyes were watering so bad that I had tears running down my face, and then we both started gagging and I seriously thought I was going to throw up. And you know how you have those tubes in your ears that go down your throat? Well, I think some of the hot sauce must have gotten up in those tubes a little bit because all of a sudden the inside of my ears started burning. I can only describe it as a burning, radiating pain, and I couldn’t think or see straight.
So finally, Jordan and I ran out of the classroom and sprinted to the lunchroom and begged the lunch ladies to give us some milk. They just laughed at us because some other kids had come in just a few minutes earlier with the same request. So they gave us some chocolate milk, and that helped, but only while it was in our mouths. So then we were using the milk like mouthwash, and I made Jordan buy me another bottle because I ran out. It didn’t go away for like another twenty minutes or so! Yes, just that one half-a-drop did that, and I’m not being dramatic.
So yeah, haha, that’s the fun that’s been happening here. I’d like to tell you about some things that Kurt’s been up to lately that are pretty funny that I thought you’d like to hear. Four funny stories about his mission! Okay, the first one is his golf course experience. So he went golfing on p-day with some of the other elders on this totally G-hetto golf course, right? And the clubs were already kind of cruddy. So anyway, they were all seeing who could hit their ball the farthest, and when Kurt got up to swing, he hit the ball and the head of his club broke off and went flying! Hahaha, the best part was they got the whole thing on camera, so they were able to send it to us for a good laugh.
Next story; so there was this other apartment about a quarter mile from Kurt and his companion’s apartment where some elders had been staying, but is now empty because one finished his mission and went home and the other got sent home early. So there was a washer and dryer in the apartment and a hide-a-bed couch. So Kurt and his companion didn’t have a washer and dryer or a couch, so they decided to go over to the other apartment and carry all of those things back over to their apartment. So they walked over there on three p-days and carried all of these things back to their apartment. Yes, actually carried them! Yeah, wow. Then they found out that the couch was the most uncomfortable, painful thing to sit on ever! But they’re keeping it just because it took so much work to carry it to their apartment.
And then Kurt found out that the dryer had to have a different plug wired into it before they could plug it into the wall, so he decided to do this himself. After he had re-wired it, he plugged it into the wall and the fuse blew out, and the power in the entire apartment complex went out! Haha so he had to run down to the ground floor to throw the circuit breaker and turn the building's power back on. Before they had the dryer they had a clothesline in one of their spare rooms, and they would hang their clothes in there and then turn the heater all the way up past ninety and then close the door for about two or three hours, and he said the room would basically turn into a sauna for a while while their clothes dried. Hahaha yes, he is strange but creative.
Well, I love you so so so soooooooooooooooooo much girly! And I hope you have a happy birthday! Send my love to your mom and Garrison. Happy Birthday!
All my love,
Katie Jo
No comments:
Post a Comment