Dear Grace,
I can’t believe it’s been a year since I last saw you. I miss you terribly, and I think about you almost every day. Do you remember that pink comb of yours that you left at our house? It’s in my bathroom now, and every morning I use it to part my hair and I always think of you when I see it. Grandma keeps pictures of you and Garrison and your mom on our computer screen-saver, and so I always see your bright, smiling face whenever I walk past it. I just wanted to start writing to you because I can’t bear not to have you in my life, and I miss you so much.
I’ve taken a job working at Sonic. You know that drive-in restaurant? Well, that’s where I work now, and it’s a lot of fun. My co-workers are really nice and I’ve gotten very close to a couple of them. The first one is named Nisha, and she recently found out that she’s going to have a baby. We don’t know if it’s going to be a boy or a girl yet, but I’ve started making both a pink blanket and a blue blanket for her, and whichever the baby turns out to be, I’ll give her the correct color of blanket. The second one is named Cami, and she's crazy! Haha, but I love her to death, and we always have a great time when we work together.
I can’t believe you’ll be turning eight this May! It’s crazy how grown up you’re getting, and I regret so much that I can’t be there with you for it. How is school? What’s your favorite subject? Do you have any fun teachers? Have they taught you how to milk a cow yet? J Are you still writing? What do you like to do now? You’re so talented and creative that I think you could excel in anything you put your mind to. Do you have any fun friends to play with? Gosh I miss you, little girl!
Let me tell you a little bit about what’s been happening with Uncle Kurt on his mission. He sent us a very funny letter telling us how he and all of the other missionaries feel like they’re getting fat because they go to dinner at like six different houses each night with members from their ward. He’s still goofy and funny as he always was, but I think that serving a mission has been a very good thing for him, he’s matured in a lot of ways. He sounds like he’s picked up Spanish very well too, and he sent me some Mexican music which, to my utter surprise, I love! So I’ve devoted some time to learning all of the lyrics. Don’t worry, it’s not that accordion/trumpet crap you hear on the radio, it’s this group called Jesse and Joy, and the singer has a really good voice, so if you ever get the chance, you should see if you can get a hold of her Electricidad CD; I think you would really like it.
Well, I’m not really sure what else to write to you in this first letter, but I hope to hear from you soon Gracie-Lou! I miss you terribly, and I long to see your sunny face and hear your sweet voice. Farewell for now, I love you!
Love,
Auntie Katie
No comments:
Post a Comment