Dear Grace,
Wow, there’s a list of things I could tell you, and I can’t remember some of the things I’ve already told you, so some stories might get repeated in this letter. This weekend we celebrated Halloween, and I dressed as Peter Pan and Andrea dressed as Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas and we went to Pirate Island Pizza. Not gonna lie, I was kind of scared to be entering pirate territory dressed as Peter Pan haha. After that we went to her friend’s house and watched Dr. Who. Have I mentioned how much I love that show!? My gosh, I hadn’t watched it in like three weeks, and I felt like I was going to die if I didn’t watch it again! Well anyway, after that, I came home and ate the leftover trick or treating candy and watched a scary movie before heading off to bed. Then, the next morning, I helped Grandma get ready for a HUGE family party that we were having that night. She went all out with the Halloween Dinner, complete with brains (spaghetti) bones (breadsticks) blood (spaghetti sauce) and Pus (alfredo sauce). There were several other things as well, but I don’t want to try and write them all down, it will get boring because it’s not really exciting unless you’re there eating it.
Well anyway, I have some very special news for you; Josh and Jessica are getting married. They’ve set a date for January 8th, and we’re all thrilled to death over it. I’m so glad she’s going to be my sister, I love her so much, and we sometimes have these really in-depth conversations about God and the meaning of life. It’s been nice to have someone to share those thoughts and feelings with.
Last night she told me about a dream she had had about me. One thing I haven’t told you about is that I’ve decided that I want to go down to SUU for college. It’s down in Cedar City, near St. George. But anyway, Jessica didn’t know anything about what college’s I was thinking of going to, but she said that she had had a dream that I had gone to school down in Cedar City and that I thrived there and made lifelong friends with people, and that I was very happy. I was amazed, because I’ve decided that I want to go to school there, but I hadn’t mentioned this to anyone. I’m convinced that that was God speaking to me. I’m convinced that’s where I’m supposed to go, even if I’m scared stone-stiff to be moving out. It will be a good thing for me though. I still need to grow up in some aspects.
I’ll be able to pay for my housing too. There’s a nice apartment there for $1,200 per semester, and I already have $1,800 saved up, so by the end of this year I’ll have enough money to pay for housing for next year. Grandma and Grandpa said they’ll pay for tuition and books if I pay for my housing and get as many scholarships as I can. I just hope doing my internship will help me score some extra money.
I guess it’s not necessarily moving out that scares me. What scares me is that I’m leaving my family, my home, my friends, and everything I’ve ever known, and stepping into a world I’m not familiar with. I just pray that Jessica’s dream will come true and that it will be a wonderful experience.
Funny story! So the other day, Grandma needed to dye some fabric for her Halloween costume. She wasn't sure if the dye would work on the fabric she had, so while she was eating lunch with Grandma and Grandpa Dayton, she turned to Grandma Dayton and asked: "Mom, are you an expert on dying?" Without missing a beat, Grandpa Dayton said, "We're not dead yet!" and then laughed until he cried. Haha, oh my.
So I started my new term in my internship in the operating room a couple of days ago. It. Was. AWESOME! The first day I was in there I got to watch an Endoscopic Sinus Surgery. They basically just stuck a camera and some other instruments up this guy’s nose and cut open his sinuses because they were swollen and infected. So basically they cleaned out the infection and gave him bigger sinus cavities to help him breathe better. It was freakin’ sweet, but I have to admit, I’m going to have to ask Grandma not to make me any more meat sandwiches for lunch on my internship days anymore haha. I had to go without lunch that first day. I forgot to mention that they transferred me to Timpanogos hospital, and it’s amazing to me how friendly and fun the people are! What a novel concept that a person should smile at someone new and talk to them! I have a feeling that this term will be much better than last term.
I have this most amazing teacher this year, I don’t know if I’ve mentioned her before. Her name is Mrs. Gardner, and she is the most beautiful, kind, sweet, fun, loving, and helpful teacher I’ve ever had. I have four classes with her, and going to her classes are just the best part of my day. She is so kind to me, and on the days I don’t have my internship I like to just go to her class and help out with anything I can, because I love to be around her. A single smile or word from her is enough to brighten my day. She’s the director for the internship program so she was able to pull some strings and get me into the OR.
I’m not really sure why, but she loves me too, haha. I stayed in her class a week or so ago and graded papers for her, and she was so grateful and so happy about it, and she said she loved me and wanted to adopt me, haha. I wouldn’t mind, she’d make a cool mom lol. Of course, I already have two moms as it is, one is my real mom, the other is my dance-tour-mom, so I guess I can adopt Mrs. Gardner as my school-mom, haha.
Well, I don’t really know what else to say. Pretty much what I’ve told you is what’s been new and exciting for me, so I’ll just end by saying that I love you tons, and I’ll write again as soon as I can.
All my love,
Katie Jo
No comments:
Post a Comment