Thursday, January 13, 2011

September 7, 2010

Dear Grace,
            I’m going to be jumping around a lot in this letter, because I’m just going to tell you about everything I can remember, so nothing is going to be in chronological order.
            So first off, I got a new boss at work, named Bob. I’m kind of sad, because he’s taken over the scheduling, and I liked having my manager, Brianna, do the schedule because she never had a problem giving me time off when I requested it, but Bob’s policy on giving time off is “if I feel like you should have time off, then I’ll give it to you.” So, in other words, most of us won’t be getting much time off. But I don’t mind too much. I’ll only be working a couple of days a week this year so I can focus more on school. Plus, the only time I’ll be asking for time off is when we go out of town to look at more schools.
            Do you know what scares the crap out of me? I’m turning eighteen next month! EGADS! It’s kind of funny when it hits me randomly that next year I’ll be off to college. Weird, right? Grandma and Grandpa are determined that I’ll be living in an apartment while I’m going to school, even if I’m going to BYU or UVU, because they think it will help teach me to grow up. In a way it’s really weird, but at the same time, weird though it may sound, it seems pretty normal. I guess it’s because I’ve wanted to be an adult for so long that now that it’s finally here, I don’t really notice it so much.
            So, one thing that makes me frustrated with the young men here at home is that they’re a bunch of sissies! I was talking to some of our girls who are going to the singles ward now, and they were telling me how none of the girls really get asked out on dates! Grrg, sometime I’m going to march down there and grab those stupid boys by the hair and teach them a lesson.
            Haha, well anyway. My friend, Nisha, finally had her baby! She had a little girl, and her name is Navaeh (Na-Ve-Uh). I didn’t have class during my third period the day after she was born, so I drove down to the hospital to visit her. It was nice; I got to spend about an hour and a half talking to her and her husband. Navaeh is so tiny! I’ve never seen a day-old baby before, but she was especially tiny, since she was only four pounds. My thumb was as big as her foot! But then, Nisha is tiny too. She was exhausted while I was there, and I found out it was because she had had a cesarean. But yeah, so that was really cool.
            My best friend, Andrea, and I are obsessed with this new show called Dr. Who. Well okay, it’s not new, it’s been running since the 1970’s, but they’ve never stopped filming it, so there’s a continuation of it from the 1970’s all the way to the present day. But yeah, we have parties where we sit and watch like seven or eight hours of it at a time, haha. Yeah, yeah, I know, we need to get lives. But we do have lives! She’s working at Pirate Island pizza (were you here when they opened that?) well, they turned the dollar theater at the mall into Pirate Island Pizza, and it’s like the Mayan restaurant up in Salt Lake, except Pirate themed. Well anyway, it’s awesome, and she works there, and I work at Sonic still, and we both have school, and soon we’ll both be doing dance again, so we totally have lives! Dr. Who is just a Friday night part of it.
            So I went to the hospital for orientation for my internship the other day, and that was cool. I’ll be doing one term in the Radiology lab, and next term I’ll be up in the NICU, so that should be cool. I got to visit the NICU while I was there, and I would just have to ask, have you ever seen a baby the size of a small football? It’s pretty crazy seeing babies that little.
            My cousins, Shane and Zandy, are living with us. They’ve been here for a few months now, and I have to admit, it’s been really nice having them here. Mostly because they get home about the same time I do at night, so we stay up late talking. It’s so nice to have a brother and sister in the house that I can talk to and hang out with. Zandy and I talk a lot about just about everything. And it’s great to have them because we’re like a family. I’ll miss them so much when they move out.
            Well, I can’t really think of anything else to tell you about, so I’ll just end by saying that I love you and I hope all is going well with you.
Love Always,
Katie Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Tender Mercies

Dear Grace, I know it's been awhile since I last wrote anything. I guess it's kind of a pattern that I don't write when the h...